Flynn is an elephant seal and a member of Gutt's crew in Ice Age: Continental Drift.
Flynn's a 4000 pound English elephant seal with a heart of gold and a head of sand. He's as passionate about being a pirate as he is clueless. He doesn't know his port from his aft – and almost never remembers that being a sea creature means he can swim. However, he makes up for what he lacks in intelligence with an abundance of enthusiasm. Whoever coined the phrase "ignorance is bliss" clearly met Flynn first.
At the end Precious squirted water at Flynn sending him towards the sea. It is unknown if he survived or not. Flynn kind of took it the wrong way. He enjoyed the water squirted at him. He thinks it feels good. He might've survived due to the fact the he is a sea creature.
Flynn may be a big softy, but he is definitely evil as he tries to stop the Sub-Zero Heroes from getting home to Ellie, Peaches and the opossum brothers along with Gutt, Raz, Boris, Gupta, Squint and Silas. He thinks Shira was still on their side, when she helps Manny, Sid and Diego to escape.
- "Remember us? We're the bad guys!"
- "I love vengeance."
- "Oh, captain's gonna sing a chantey!" (Gutt sings) "Nice chantey sir!"
- [Singing] "....banana peeling....."
- "Belly flop!"
- (To his crew talking about Sid, Manny and Diego) "Hey!! They look fluffy!!"
- (To Precious as she squirts water at him) "WHOO YAY!!! This feels good!!! THANK YOU MR WHALE!!"