Guanlong was a species of carnivorous dinosaur.
Small in size, Guanlong were pack hunters that worked together to bring down larger animals. Fitted with sharp teeth and claws, a small crest, a number of rattling quills atop the head and along the spine, powerful tail and speed, Guanlong proved a formidable predator towards other dinosaurs or creatures they encountered.
A number of Guanlong had survived the comet showers that had long since wiped out the dinosaurs as a whole, escaping to a vast subterranean world where dinosaurs of all kinds lived as they had in the past.
One such pack of Guanlong resided in the Plates of Woe, a rock formation within the Dinosaur World, where they found a herd of mammals consisting of a pair of mammoths, a pair of possums, a Saber-Tooth Tiger and a weasel that guided them. One of the mammoths, a female named Ellie, was pregnant and went into labor upon entering the Plates: the Guanlong went on the hunt to find Ellie. They were prevented from making a meal of her by the joint efforts of Manny and Diego.
- The Guanlong in the film took the role of the velociraptors from Jurassic Park.
- Coincidentally, both theropods were found in China and might have been covered in feathers, although the guanlong in the film were depicted having proto-feathers, which they may have had in real life.
- Although it was said to have survived the K-T extinction by going underground, Guanlong became extinct 100 million years before the K-T extinction.
- However, it's possible that guanlong ventured into the cavern and settled in for 100 million years until other dinosaurs arrived.
- In the art concept for Ice Age Village, it's depicted of having a sickle shaped toeclaw like velociraptor, something it didn't have in real life.
- Guanlong was a proceratosaur, a group of theropods that were the ancestors of tyrannosaurs, including T.Rex.
|Ankylosaurus • Archaeopteryx • Baryonyx • Brachiosaurus • Guanlong • Iguanodon • Kentrosaurus • Pachycephalosaurus • Triceratops • Troödon • Tyrannosaurus • Dakotaraptor|