- "My family abandoned me. They kinda migrated without me. You should have seen what they did last year. I mean, they got up early, and quickly tied up my hands and feet, and gagged me with a field mouse, and barricaded the cave door, and covered their tracks, and went through water so I'd lose their scent, and... and... who needs them anyway? "
- ―Sid on his family[src]
Sid's family are a group Ground sloths who are related to Sid. However, Sid was left behind when the migration came. Although they have made no appearance in Ice Age, Sid called out the names of them:
In Ice Age: Continental Drift, Sid gets a surprise with the return of his dysfunctional relatives who ditched him in the first first film - Sid's dad, Milton, his melodramatic mother, Eunice, his delinquent little brother Marshall, and his hygienically challenged Uncle Fungus, all breeze into the herd just long enough to dump their 80 year old Granny for Sid to take care of.
Sid's new family
- (Uncle Fungus) "Arms up, everybody!"
- (Milton) "We better be, I just lost the steering"
- (Marshall) "Mom! Granny's talking about her dead pet again!"
- (Granny) "I'll bury you all and dance on your graves!"
- (Eunice) "Be careful Milton, you're gonna hurt some body!"
- (Marshall) "ROCK!"
- (Eunice) "Bad kitty!"
- (Marshall) "That's totally incorrect. We totally abandoned you."
- (Granny) "Hey! Can you chew this thing for me?"
- (Milton) "Isn't that right Granny? Granny?"
- (Granny) "Have you seen Precious? It's way past her feeding time."
- Only two of referenced sloths from the first film (Fungus and Marshall) appear in the fourth movie.
- Zack and Bertie's fate is unknown.
- It has been debated whether or not Momma Dino is Sid's love interest/wife. If she is, then this would mean that her and Sid's relationship was the first interspecies relationship in Ice Age franchise.
- The reason behind Sid's family abandoning him is unknown.